Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Believe in Them/Us

I was watching a show on Discovery Channel the other day about renewable energy. There was a women from Manila who was working on developing a system that would use waste from the city to fuel public transportation. Towards the end of the segment she said she hoped that this source of energy would be used throughout Manila and eventually throughout the world.

In my head, my initial reaction to that comment was, “Wouldn’t that be great…” with a very sarcastic tone.

Then immediately I began to think, all she really needs to make that vision a possibility is a group of people who believe in her and her idea. A group of people who see the beauty of her ideas and see to it that they do everything they can to make her ideas possible.

As I began working through that in my head I realized that the only reason I am able to be doing what I am doing now is because of an amazing group of people (some I have met and some I haven’t) that decided for some reason to believe in me and the ideas that God has laid on my heart.

There are so many amazing Ideas sitting in living rooms watching Discovery Channel that need someone to believe in them. They are all around us. Ideas that can breath life into our daily routines. Ideas that can change the world.

All we have to do is take the time to believe in them.

Thank you to all who have put the time and effort into believing in me.

0 comments: